- YoY the S&P/Case-Shiller index of U.S. home prices in 20 cities fell 19% in January
- The Conference Board's index of consumer confidence rose from 25.3 to 26.0 in March
- The Institute of Supply Management's Chicago purchasing managers' index fell from 34.2 to 31.4 in March.
- Japans jobless rate rose to 4.4% last month from 4.1% in January. Some 77% of jobless people aren’t getting unemployment benefits, the highest figure among Group of Seven nations except Italy.
- Canada’s GDP fell 0.7% in January and down 2.4% YoY.
- Germany’s unemployment rate rose from 8.0% to 8.1% in March
- Consumer confidence in the U.K. improved from -35 to -30,
- The USDA said March 1st stocks of:
Corn totaled 6.96 billion bushels, up 1% YoY.
Soybeans totaled 1.30 billion bushels, down 9% YoY.
Wheat totaled 1.04 billion bushels, up 46% YoY.