Happy Holidays Be well, see you next year.
Saturday, December 19, 2020
Friday, December 18, 2020
- Boris Johnson summoned ministers for an emergency meeting on Friday to discuss how to tackle mounting concerns about the new strain of coronavirus identified in parts of south-east England. The variant is thought to be more infectious.
- The U.S. current-account deficit, rose 10.6% in Q3
- Senator Ron Johnson blocks $1,200 checks for Americans cites the deficit. No deficit problem when he voted for tax cuts for the top 1%
- Fed allows banks to resume share buybacks
- Do you think the money Rupert Murdoch paid to get first in line in getting a vaccine came from his Fox profits for the ratings they got telling their viewers COVID is a hoax and that the vaccine is bad? @kurteichenwald asks.
- The defense bill Trump is threatening to veto contains cyber security to protect against Russian hacks.
- Germany's VW falling a bit behind Tesla. Well, perhaps more than a bit.
Thursday, December 17, 2020
Nuclear weapons agency breached amid massive cyber onslaught.Trump, along with all the Russia attacked America deniers, are mum.. no-one is in charge.
- Slows Relief Deal The holdup comes as some 11 million people are unemployed, and applications for U.S. state jobless benefits unexpectedly jumped to the highest level in three months.
- With a new democratic administration - as predicted, vast deficit Republicans are now “once more” becoming extremely concerned about government spending and the deficit. Rinse and repeat – rinse and repeat.
- ATT, after month of procrastination,
finally got around to be included in the Roku platform.
- Boris Johnson has stated that EU talks are in a serious situation. No kidding, who could have thought. BP rally continues..
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
- The Dow rallied 337 points today as Nasdaq closes at a record high ahead of one more stimulus meeting.
- YoY, overall cargo volumes lag by 5.3% compared to 2019.
- Japan Exports (YoY) at -4.2%,
Monday, December 14, 2020
Notes Today:The U.S. should sell 1,000-year bonds to finance infrastructure a Goldman bond expert.
- Barr is out , clearly not subservient enough.
Sunday, December 13, 2020
- Brexit talks extended - beyond.......... The British pound gained a bit against the dollar and the euro - relieved that talks continue. Whiplash - to be continued…
I suppose, if you want to trade in a marker, you’ll probably have to abide by the rules set by the members of that market. - as Britain "used" to be.
Saturday, December 12, 2020
Friday, December 11, 2020
- Reuters: But due to China’s lopsided trade balance - exporting three containers for every one imported recently - and delays in containers returning to China due to the pandemic overseas, a severe shortage is now starting to pinch export flows. Roughly 60% of global goods move by container, and according to United Nations trade data there are close to 180 million containers worldwide.
- Nearly 2,000 containers aboard a ship managed by NYK Shipmanagement of Japan were lost or damaged when it hit by stormy weather in the Pacific Ocean,
In a very real sense, it feels like a third political party has been born. America now has the Republicans, the Democrats and the Seditionists. Glenn Kirschner @glennkirschner
(WP) White House “orders” FDA chief to authorize Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine Friday or submit his resignation. "ORDERS - will undoubtedly build lots of confidence.
Another 20 House Republicans sign onto to the Texas lawsuit that seeks to overturn the election. The total is now 126 or 64% of the House GOP Un-Freakin'-Believable - Now rejected by U.S. Supreme Court. ✅
- In the view of the analysts at JP Morgan, the S&P 500 index is set to rally 25% in 2021, as the US banking giant lifts its price target to 4,600.
- Bloomberg: Apple Inc. has started building its own cellular modem for future devices, a move that would replace components from Qualcomm Inc., Apple’s top chip executive told staff on Thursday.
- Qcom is down 7.6% so far on the day.
- US Baker Hughes US Oil Rig Count climbed from previous 246 to 258
- US Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index above forecasts at 81.4 versus forecast of 76.5
- And Mitch McConnell keeps blowing up relief bill ..😠
Thursday, December 10, 2020
And Mitch McConnell keeps blocking relieve ..
- It didn’t take long for the Federal Reserve’s increased attention to climate change to spark pushback from (what climate change) Republicans.
- Bloomberg: Boris Johnson warns Britain should prepare to leave the European Union’s single market without a trade deal as negotiations falter.
- Fishing accounts for only 0.1% of British GDP. Yet it could sink
the chances of a (very fishy) Brexit deal.
- US Initial jobless claims rose by 137,000 to 853,000 in the seven days ended Dec. 5, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said Thursday. More than expected.
Shares of Airbnb IPO valued at just over $100 billion
- cotton crop by 6.7% from November, and that was all on yield. This year's harvest was 20% smaller than in 2019 and is the smallest crop in 5 years. Market participants had a pretty good idea that a cut was likely this month. (Karen Braun @kannbwx)
- USDA leaves the U.S. #corn balance sheet unchanged, but #soybeans fall to 175 mln bu on a 15 mln bu jump in crush. Soy exports unch. #Wheat exports were increased 10 mln bu. (Karen Braun @kannbwx)
- See market analyst # Freed recap the Dec 10 # S/D crop report. No changes in soybean & corn exports hubs.ly/H0CpdbB0
Wednesday, December 09, 2020
These 18 States want the Supreme Court to throw out the 2020 Election. Incredible - Seditious Abuse
Latest: 106 Republican House members, that evidently do not believe in democracy, are supporting the Texas' bid to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's win.
Regarding Covid ( 2560 death today) No mask Republicans are mum.
TEXAS < Started in
- More firmness on the way! Sunday deadline set for ‘firm decision’ on Brexit talks. Really, this coming Sunday?
- Thirty-one countries around the globe have reserved more Covid-19 vaccine per capita than the U.S., according to a Bloomberg analysis of country vaccine agreements.
BREAKING: For the very first time, the US has surpassed 3,000 COVID deaths in a single day. 3121 Covid deaths today.
- (Reuters) -YouTube said on Wednesday it would start removing content that falsely allege widespread fraud changed the outcome of the U.S. presidential election, in a change to its more hands-off stance on videos making similar claims. (About Time)
Tuesday, December 08, 2020
- Ray Dalio (smart dude) said he saw no reason that stocks couldn’t trade at 50 times earnings. Plus, according to Investmenttools.com “invaluable”😏 Dow Trend Earnings (AKA FED Model) still inexpensive.
- QuantumScape (NYSE:QS) releases performance data demonstrating that its technology addresses fundamental issues holding back widespread adoption of high-energy density solid-state batteries, including charge time, cycle life, safety, and operating temperature. The stock is up 57% today
- If you are not risk-averse, it
might be worth your while to take a look at QS. In the greater scheme of things,
it is only a $1.6 billion Co. (Tesla 613 billion) and has More than a $1 billion in its war chest. If the technology performs as advertised it could
improve things substantially.
and Scott Atlas’s herd immunity at work. US Coronavirus deaths at 293,398, surpassing the number of US combat deaths (291,557) in World War II.
Monday, December 07, 2020
- Reuters: Australia to make Facebook (AKA the plague on humanity), Google pay news outlets for content.
- U.K. officials warn Brexit talks could collapse in hours.
- Facebook's (AKA the plague on humanity) renamed cryptocurrency is still 'wolf in sheep's clothing': German Finance Minister
- US Senate Democratic leader Schumer says McConnell has refused to compromise on covid relief and today we heard the "same old song" from McConnell.
- Karen Braun @kannbwx Checking in on traffic of #soybeans - or lack thereof. Looks like #Brazil really did run out of beans. It's been a couple years since the activity was this light.
QoQ Japans GDP was up 5.0 %
- Japan had a current account surplus of 2,144.7 billion yen in October, the Ministry of Finance said on Tuesday - up 15.7 % YoY.
NYT:Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. government additional doses of its Covid-19 vaccine.Now Pfizer may not be able provide more of its vaccine to the United States until next June because of its commitments to other countries, they said.
Trump Admin. performing as expected!
igative outlet has claimed.
Sunday, December 06, 2020
- The CME is launching a water futures contract linked to the $1.1 billion California spot water market.
- Japan's Leading Economic Index at 93.8 in October from previous 92.5 - highest in 16 month.
- Senate Republicans
have invited a leading anti-vaxxer to be the lead witness at a Homeland Security committee hearing on Tuesday at a time when the US is preparing the largest-ever vaccination campaign to fight Covid.
- YoY China Exports rose 14.9% in November from previous 7.6%
- China Trade Balance rose to 507.1B in November from previous 401.75B
- Bloomberg: Trump said his attorney Rudy Giuliani, who has been leading efforts to overturn the results of the Nov. 3 general election, has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus.
- Reuters: A new EU-UK trade agreement will “definitely” not come together on Sunday night, citing an official with the bloc who added that three most contentious issues remained unresolved.
- FT: New US stimulus bill could come as early as Monday
- Economist: Global debt will reach $200trn by the end of this year, predicted S&P Global, which owns a credit-ratings agency. The amount is equivalent to 265% of the world’s GDP. But the firm said that the increase in the global debt-to-GDP ratio was not a crisis, provided interest rates remain low and covid-19 vaccines become widely distributed.
- New Zealand just became one of the only countries in the world to declare Climate Change a global emergency.
Saturday, December 05, 2020
Capitalism, and can you afford it? I certainly hope so!
Friday, December 04, 2020
Wall Street and finance workers could get COVID vaccines before most Americans
Some peoples sense of entitlement is just stunning!
- Bloomberg: U.K. and EU pause Brexit talks after intensive negotiations fail to resolve key issues, as PM Boris Johnson and European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen schedule crisis call..
A federal judge ordered the Trump administration to restore DACA to its pre-2017 status.
- US Nonfarm Payrolls rose by 245,000 in November vs. 469,000 expected
- US Factory Orders rose by 1% in October vs. 0.8% expected - the sixth straight monthly gain.
- The U.S. trade deficit widened 1.7% to $63.1 billion in October.
- Germany Factory Orders MoM at 2.9%, above forecasts of 1.5%
- Trump is doing his best to jam in the opening of oil and gas drilling in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. The sale of leases is planned for 6 January 2021, just ahead of the inauguration of the US president-elect, Joe Biden, who opposes the move.
- Bloomberg: With a vaccine on the way, congressional failure to pass Covid relief now would put millions of jobs and thousands of small businesses at risk.
Thursday, December 03, 2020
- The US Labor Department said initial jobless claims dropped to 712,000, a decrease of 75,000 from the previous week's revised level of 787,000.
- The British pound continues to outperform its rivals, despite comments that significant disagreements remain in the trade talks, and that the outcome was uncertain.
Bros. (T) will send all its 2021 movies to HBO Max the same day they hit
theaters. So, when are they going to get HBO Max onto the Roku platform? This century?
The old HBO at $15 is on Roku, so why not the MAX - that also goes for $15? Probably ATT smugness – at work.
Wednesday, December 02, 2020
- Costco (COST) November sales rose 15.1% to 15.67 billion, the retailer said Wednesday. Online sales rose 71.3% in November and 86.4% in the quarter. Stock’s down – obviously.
- Australia AiG Performance of Construction Index rose from previous 52.7 to 55.3 in November
- Australia Commonwealth Bank Composite PMI came in at 54.9, above expectations.
- Snowflake Inc.’s (SNOW) Shares were down 9% after-hours Wednesday. The cloud company reported a Q3 net loss of $168.9 million, versus a net loss of $88.1 million, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue more than doubled to $159.6 million from $73 YoY.
- People poured an estimated $81.8 billion into equity ETFs in November.
- The U.K. became the first western country to approve a Covid-19
vaccine, with its regulator clearing the Pfizer-BioNTech shot ahead of
decisions in the U.S. and European Union. Meanwhile, U.S. hospitalizations and
deaths are totally out of control.
Tuesday, December 01, 2020
- The Dow had its best month since 1987.
- U.S. prosecutors are investigating whether several individuals offered political contributions in exchange for a presidential pardon, according to an unsealed court document.
- US Residential construction rose 2.9% .
- US construction projects rose 1.3% in October.
- Joe Biden’s Treasury Secretary nominee and former Fed President Janet Yellen warned that America is battling a historic economic crisis and called for urgent policy action to avert a “self-reinforcing” downturn.
- A new push began in Congress to send federal aid to businesses, state and local governments slammed by the pandemic. So, 10-yearnotes are a bit higher, with 10-year yield last up 7.7 basis points at 0.9194%.