Monday, August 28, 2017
VLCC Tanker Rates
Posted by Fritz at 8/28/2017 09:43:00 PM
- (WAPO) North Korean missile flies over Japan, sharply escalating tensions and eliciting an angry response from Tokyo..
- (FX Street) State Farm, Liberty Mutual and Allstate are the insurers most exposed to losses from Hurricane Harvey.
- (Guardian) Kenyans producing, selling or even using plastic bags will risk imprisonment of up to four years or fines of $40,000 (£31,000) from Monday, as the world’s toughest law aimed at reducing plastic pollution came into effect.
- (FT) The Chinese population in Africa is now in decline as workers return to China because of falling commodity price.
- (FT) The UK generated more electricity from wind turbines than from burning coal last year — a first.
- Trump’s high-level business advisory groups have fallen apart.
- Trump has abandoned plans to create an infrastructure advisory council.
- Japan, the world's third-largest economy expanded by a much stronger-than-expected annualized rate of 4.0% in April-June -- its longest uninterrupted run of growth in a decade,
- (Scientific American) The world can expect 3 to 7% less crop yield for each degree rise in temperature
Posted by Fritz at 8/28/2017 02:53:00 PM