Otherwise still working on updates.....
- Mnuchin said the U.S. shouldn’t shut down the economy again even if there is another surge in coronavirus cases.
· Jerome Powell said:
our principal focus though is on the state of the economy and on the labor market and on inflation. Now inflation of course is low, and we think it’s very likely to remain low for some time below our target…. that the central bank will keep pumping stimulus into the U.S. economy until its traumatized labor market has healed from the harm of the coronavirus pandemic. “We’re not even thinking about thinking about raising rates,”
· On Tuesday, DR. Fauci said that COVID-19 is his “worst nightmare,” In a period of four months, it has devastated the whole world,” Fauci said. “And it isn’t over yet.”
· Coronavirus cases in the U.S. are raising alarms as new infections push the overall count past 2 million and the DJIA drops by 1861 points (6.9%) or almost $ 2 trillion on Thursday.
· One pretty good site to tack this nasty thing
· Some countries that seem to be doing better than others are Hong Kong with a Death per 1 mill population of 0.5, Singapore 4, and New Zealand declares itself Covid Free.
· Some countries doing poorly with a death per 1 million population are Belgium at 832, UK 608, Sweden 477, and the US with 350.
· Researchers find that over 1,000 metric tons of microplastic fall on 11 protected areas in the US annually, equivalent to over 120 million plastic water bottles.
· MoM Britain's economy shrank by a record 20.4% in April.·