- Oil leaking from a BP PLC (BP) well in the Gulf of Mexico might soon find its way around Florida and along thousands of miles of Atlantic coastline, according to a computer model produced by the National Center for Atmospheric Research and its collaborators.
- Google will begin handing over to European regulators the rogue data it intercepted from private WiFi internet connections.(Reuters) -
- Three Federal Reserve officials said it may soon be time to begin raising interest rates as the economic recovery in the United States gathers momentum, despite persistently high unemployment.
- U.S. jobless claims were down 10,000 last week to 453,000
- The Institute of Supply Management's index of services stayed at 55.4
- ADP Employer Services said that the private sector added 55,000 jobs in May
- U.S factory orders rose 1.2% in April.
- EU sales fell 1.2% MoM and down 1.6% YoY.
- EU purchasing managers' index fell from 57.3 to 56.4.
- Japan's capital spending fell 11.5% Q1,
- Australia's exports rose 11%
- The U.S. Department of Energy said:
Supplies of crude oil fell 1.9 million barrels to 363.2 million barrels.
Supplies of gasoline fell 2.6 million barrels
Supplies of heating oil fell 900,000 barrels.
Refinery use fell from 87.8% to 87.5%
Gasoline demand rose 0.5%
Distillate demand rose 17.1% from a year ago.