- The U.S. trade gap narrowed in August to $30.7 billion, down 3.6 percent from a revised estimate of $31.9 billion for July
- Canada’s unemployment rate improved from 8.7% to 8.4% in September
- Japan's machinery orders rose 0.5% in August
- The USDA's 2009-2010 U.S. ending stocks estimate of:
Corn was raised from 1.635 to 1.672 billion bushels.
Soybeans were raised from 220 to 230 million bushels.
Wheat was raised from 743 to 864 million bushels.
Sugar was lowered from 844,000 to 836,000 tons.
Cotton was lowered from 5.6 to 5.4 million bales.
- The USDA's 2009-2010 world ending stocks estimate of:
Corn was lowered from 139 to 136 million tons.
Soybeans were raised from 51 to 55 million tons.
Wheat unchanged at 187 million tons.
Cotton unchanged at 56 million tons.
- The USDA estimates the Florida's 2009-2010 orange crop at 136 million boxes, down 16% YoY