- U.S. consumer prices rose 0.7% in June and fell 1.4% YoY.
- U.S. industrial production fell 0.4% in June.
- US June Capacity Utilization fell to 68.0% vs. 67.9% expected and 68.2% in May
- The N.Y. Feds regional index of manufacturing rose from -9.4 to -.6 in July
- Japan left target rate unchanged at 0.10% as expected
- Switzerland May Retail Sales fell -1.4% YoY
- Euro Zone June CPI rose 0.2% MoM. Core CPI rose 1.4% YoY
- Bloomberg's Global Confidence Indicator fell to 39.13 in July from 43.57 in June
- Canada May Manufacturing Shipments fell -6.0% vs. -2.5% expected
- The U.S. Department of Energy said:
Supplies of crude oil fell 2.8 million barrels to 344.5 million barrels
Supplies of gasoline rose 1.5 million barrels
Supplies of heating oil rose 500,000 barrels.
Refinery use rose from 86.8% to 87.9% of capacity
Gasoline demand rose 0.6% YoY
Distillate demand fell 11.7% YoY.
- China bought another 4.2 million bushels of old-crop soybeans this AM
- Brazil is expected to produce a record 52 million 60-kg bags of coffee in the 2010/11 crop year, a Reuters poll showed on Wednesday.
- YoY Russian 2009/10 sugar output is set to fall below 2.9 million tonnes from 3.5.