- According to Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller index U.S. Home prices fell 0.9% in July, and down 16.3% YoY.
- The Conference Board said U.S. consumer confidence rose from 56.9 to 59.8 in September.
- The Chicago Purchasing Managers' index fell from 57.9 to 56.7 in September
- Canada’s GDP rose 0.7% in July and up 1.2% YoY.
- Japan’s unemployment rate rose from 4.0% to 4.2% in August.
Japan’s industrial production fell 3.5% in August
Japans household spending fell 4.0%
- U.K.'s GDP rose 1.5%
- Euro zone consumer prices rose 3.6%.
- The USDA said as of September 1st, stocks of:
Corn totaled 1.624 billion bushels.
Soybeans totaled 205 million bushels.
Wheat totaled 1.857 billion bushels.
- Bush signed a spending bill that includes a $25 billion loan package for troubled automakers