- U.S. personal incomes rose 0.2% in September and consumer spending fell 0.3%.
- U.S. employment cost index rose 0.7% in the third quarter.
- YoY the core rate of personal consumption expenditures rose 2.4% in September.
- The University of Michigan's consumer sentiment index rose to 57.6 from 57.5
- Canada’s GDP fell 0.3% in August rose 0.6% YoY.
- Unemployment rate in the Euro area remained at 7.5% in September.
- Japan reduced its interest rate from 0.50% to 0.30%
Japan’s consumer prices rose 2.1% YoY.
Japan’s unemployment rate improved from 4.2% to 4.0%.
- F.O. Licht estimates world sugar consumption up 1.8% in 2008-2009 outpacing production by 472,300 tons.
- Fortis Bank estimates world coco production to exceed consumption by 52,000 tons in 2008-2009.