- The Fed cut the fed funds rate from 1.00% to .125%, and signaled they will keep rates "exceptionally low" for some time amid rapidly waning price pressures.
- U.S. housing starts were at a record (since 1959) low annual rate of 625,000 in November, down 18.9% MoM.
Building permits fell 15.6% MoM.
- The U.S. consumer price index fell 1.7% in November rose 1.1% YoY
- YoY U.K. consumer prices rose 4.1% in November
- Manufacturing and services index in the Euro area fell from 38.9 to 38.3
- China’s November steel output fell by 12.4% YoY
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Posted by Fritz at 12/16/2008 12:15:00 PM