- ADP Employer Services said that they show a loss of 23,000 U.S. private sector jobs in March
- Unemployment in the EU rose from 9.5% to 9.6% in February
- Consumer prices in the EU rose1.5% in March
- The USDA expects farmers in 2010-2011 to plant:
88.8 million acres of corn, up 3% YoY.
78.1 million acres of soybeans, up slightly YoY.
53.8 million acres of wheat, down 9% YoY.
13.9 million acres of spring wheat, up 5% YoY.
10.5 million acres of cotton, up 15% YoY.
- The USDA said that on March 1st, there were:
7.69 billion bushels of corn stocks, up 11% YoY.
1.27 billion bushels of soybean stocks, down 2% YoY.
1.35 billion bushels of wheat stocks, up 30% YoY.
- The U.S. Department of Energy said:
Supplies of crude oil rose 2.9 million barrels to 354.2 million barrels.
Supplies of gasoline rose 300,000 barrels
Supplies of heating oil supplies rose 1.0 million barrels.
Refinery use rose from 81.1% to 82.6% of capacity last week.
Gasoline demand rose 1.5%
Distillate demand fell 1.0% YoY